Breaking News

Coronavirus live updates : Here’s what to know in the Dallas-Fort Worth area

We’re keeping track of the most up-to-date news about the coronavirus in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area. Check back for updates.

TARRANT COUNTY WILL REQUIRE FACE MASKS AT ALL BUSINESSES AMID SURGE OF COVID-19 CASES

Face masks will be required in all Fort Worth Business News and at outdoor gatherings with more than 100 people, County Judge Glen Whitley announced Thursday.
The executive order goes into effect at 6 p.m. Friday and will run through 6 a.m. Aug. 3.
“This marks the next stage in our fight against COVID-19,” said Whitley in making the announcement. “In an effort not to have to go back to the restrictions of March ... I believe masks are our best alternative at this time.”
“If you leave home, put on a mask.”

Whitley was joined by Fort Worth San Diego Press Release Distribution, Arlington Mayor Jeff Williams, Burleson Mayor Ken Shetter and several doctors and health officials in making the announcement during a morning press conference.
It is up to cities to enforce the order. Businesses that don’t comply could face a fine of up to $1,000.

ABBOTT PAUSES FURTHER REOPENINGS, SUSPENDS SOME SURGERIES AS COVID SURGES IN TEXAS

Gov. Greg Abbott paused further reopenings of businesses Thursday and for the second time during the pandemic announced he was Fort Worth Stock Market — but only in four of Texas’ largest counties — to respond to all-time highs in new cases and hospitalizations.
Businesses currently permitted to reopen under previous phases, like restaurants, bars and malls, can continue to operate at the designated capacity levels. The announcement is a change of course for Abbott who has previously pushed forward with reopenings, and is a signal of the worsening spread of the virus in Texas.
Under Abbott’s new executive order, hospitals in the counties of Bexar, Dallas, Harris and Travis shall postpone surgeries and procedures that aren’t medically necessary to correct a serious medical condition or to preserve the life of a patient. Fort Worth Local News Procedures that would not deplete hospital capacity needed for COVID-19 patients are exempt.
The executive order goes into effect at 11:59 p.m. Friday, and Abbott may issue proclamations to add or remove counties from those affected.
“As we experience an increase in both positive COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, we are focused on strategies that slow the spread of this virus while also allowing Texans to continue earning a paycheck to support their families,” Abbott said in a statement. “The last thing we want to do as a state is go backwards and close down businesses. This temporary pause will help our state corral the spread until we can safely enter the next phase of opening our state for business.”
Under Abbott’s new executive order, hospitals in the counties of Bexar, Dallas, Harris and Travis shall postpone surgeries and procedures that aren’t medically necessary to correct a serious medical condition or to preserve the life of a patient. Procedures that would not deplete hospital capacity needed for COVID-19 patients are exempt.

The executive order goes into effect at 11:59 p.m. Friday, and Abbott may issue proclamations to add or remove counties from those affected.
“As we experience an increase in both positive COVID-19 Cases Report and hospitalizations, we are focused on strategies that slow the spread of this virus while also allowing Texans to continue earning a paycheck to support their families,”  Fort Worth Sports News Abbott said in a statement. “The last thing we want to do as a state is go backwards and close down businesses. This temporary pause will help our state corral the spread until we can safely enter the next phase of opening our state for business.”
Source - https://www.star-telegram.com/news/coronavirus/article243793357.html

No comments